Technology and Teaching

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Week 3 - Reflection

We discussed many interesting issues today...(1) How do we move from learning from technology to learning with technology to learning in it…This really made me think a lot. At the moment, I am using ICT very superfically in my classroom. But I want to moce beyond that. And that means I will have to change my pedagogy.

Whilst Sella and I were discussing how we could truly integrate ICT into our language classroom, Dr Towndrow joined our conversation. When asked if he could provide us with ONE solution, he replied (quite rightly) that were he to do that, then we would never have the incentive to really think of solutions on our own. He said that perhaps we were being impared by our glass ceiling. And perhaps were would have to change out vantage point and look at our situation with a different perspective.

I think that I need to change the 'glasses' that I am wearing and look at my students (and my classes) with new lenses. But very honestly, I am having 'ICT block' at the moment.


I found out as well today that I am actually a part of the NET Generation (apparently anyone who was younger than 21 in 1999 is part of this generation...and I just scraped through! :)) This thought makes me very hopeful though as it means that I am still connected to the students...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home